Gift Shopping, Dinner & Movie

I was on leave today, to give myself a deserved break from the aunties' nagging at the workplace. It was quite a fulfilling & eventful day for me.

Helped my brother to look for a temp job through the newspaper. He managed to find one as a waiter at a Vietnamese resturant at the Atrium @ Orchard. The boss said that he would call him tomorrow no matter what. Hope he gets the job. I feel that it is quite well paid for a person without any exprience.

Got an e-mail from Ms Clara, Senior Corporate Communications Officer @ IRAS, who asked me if I could assist the e-club that I am posted to for the whole e-filing excercise. I agreed to her request immediately, since I have no lessons on the weekends for the period & it is only a 3 hour thingy. By the way, the e-club I am posted to is Serangoon E-club, which is the same place where I was posted to last year. So if you guys have problems in e-filing your taxes, please pay me a visit at the e-club from 18 Mar 2006 to 17 April 2006. I will be stationed there for the weekends from 2-5pm. The address is Blk 123 Serangoon North Ave 1 #01-49 S 550123.

Met up with Jason @ Plaza Singapura & managed to get a gift for our friend at SK Jewellery. We got a pair of earrings for her. I hope she likes it, as I think it suits her the first time I saw it. I decided to go with my heart as I chose the present, and told the other person who had no budget that we should top up the cost for the couple who had budget constraints & were sharing the gift with us. Jason was saying that if the couple had no constriants, we would have got the gift from Lee Hwa instead as their handsmanship are defintely better.

Met up with a net friend, Joey for the 1st time @ Cafe Cartel with Jason after I got the gift. My brother joined us later. This gal, whom I nearly lost contact with, was a national volleyball player, therefore I was not surprised by her height, 1.7m. I knew her about 2 years ago in ICQ. Finally had the chance to meet her today. I must say my instinct did not fail me. She is a nice and friendly gal. We talked about her working life in RSAF, where is working there as a regular. Jason & I also shared our NS expriences with her, while my brother felt a little left out. We had quite a long dinner, from 5.55pm till about 7.15pm. Besides that, we asked her about her family, how is life playing volleyball, her plans to take up beach volleyball & degree in logistics in the next year.

After the dinner, we decided to go for a movie. We wanted to catch it @ Plaza Singapura, but my brother was saying Cathay Cineleisure was cheaper. In the end, it ended up that the price was the same @ $9.50 each. I shall blog about the movie in the next post.

Comments

DARLing said…
WOoow is good to catch up with long lost friend
Richie said…
Another net friend? Haha. Paul has a lot of surfing friends. Countless.
Paul said…
Darling: All tks to friendster & MSN, otherwise I think she can't find me liao.

Rich: It is gd 2 have more frens.
Richie said…
Paul ~ I am contented with a few good ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings