Grandma's Death Anniversary

I just came back from praying my grandma at my uncle's place. It always never fail to bring sadness & tears back to me. It has been 14 years since she departed me, yet the things that she has done for me during my first 12 years of existence in this world, I really appreciate it.

  1. She used to bring me & pick me up from my primary school.
  2. She really dotes on me by usually giving me the things that I wanted, like toys & stationery.
  3. She used to bring me to the doc when I was sick.
  4. She makes me feel that I was at home when I stayed with her for a couple of years when my parents were in Brunei working.
  5. She used to bring me to the physiotherapist for my weekly checkups at Spastic Children's Association. At that time, the SCA was at Newton, Gilistead Rd. It has since moved to Pasir Ris.
  6. She used to bring me for my quarterly checkups at NUH with my aunt.

So, it came to me as a shock when she left us suddenly 14 years ago. She had complained of a severe headache as she was playing poker cards with my aunts & uncles. She was rushed to the hospital immediately, when it was then we discovered that she had high blood pressure and the blood had shot to her brain. The doc said that she was beyond cure & told us to prepare for the worst. She left us later that evening, with tears in her eyes, supposedly missing all of us & not knowing who will take care of me if she goes.

I still remember she once said in Hokkien, " I may not be able to see you getting married, if you are getting married at 23." Its hard to imagine that her words were so accurate. She passed away when I was 12 & I am still single at 26.

Comments

Anonymous said…
-Grace- this is such a sad entry. I feel the sadness and pain too. :| Do take care of yourself okie?
Paul said…
Grace: U afraid that I will cry when I see u off tomorrow?

Darling: Can't help it sometimes as she done a lot for me when I was young. Brings back the sadness.
Dalicia said…
quite sad..and nice of you think about your grandma :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings