Eventful Days & Finally Got My Digital Camera



I had been busy for the past two days.

Thursday nite: - Was at a colleague's dad in law funeral wake at Bendemeer. This colleague, L, is usually my lunch partner. Was nearly stopped by mum for attending this as she said that the people born in the Year of the Goat this year were not supposed to attend any weddings or furnerals, as it will bring bad luck to my career this year. I do not believe in this, so there I went. I always believe in another Chinese phrase, "礼尚往来", as L has always been nice to people. By the way her dad in law died of lung cancer at the age of 85.

Friday nite:- Was asked to take a cab down to Jurong Point to meet Jason to help him get a watch. Unfortunately, the card was denied. I really wanted to scold the customer service people of UOB Card Centre. Why are you guys stopping purchase transactions when you guys have successfully deducted the money from my dad's account? How do you make people want to continue to use your card even if there is one million cards in circulation? In the end, Jason did not get what he wanted. I could sense that he was disappointed but I guess it cannot be helped.

Went for our dinner at the JP Kopitiam, where I had 小碗面 & Jason had claypot rice. After that, decided to take a peep at the digital cameras at Harvey Norman. I finally got the digital camera, Olympus LR 300 @ $499. It seems pretty good, just what I wanted & cheaper than the IXUS I Zoom as stated in my previous entry by $100 and the features were about the same. I was thinking of paying by instalments but with the stupid card problems that I have (looks like a trip to UOB seems likely, as I need the card just in case for my trip.) caused me to pay by my debit card instead.

Looks like have to find a sideline, to help people file personal tax returns. Readers, do you have any lobang? The price is negotiable. Please leave your contacts here.

My boss had not been in the best of mood for the past week, but he did something out of the ordinary today. He asked me to check some confidential info relating to the company, which made me have a clear picture of what is going on in the company. I wonder if he knew about my plans to leave the company. Why would he have asked me to do something that is considered as confidential as to the management of the company.

Thinking of this makes me feel that I think I should stay on & help him after he revealed so much today.

Comments

Richie said…
Must show everyone some pictures to see how good ur new cam is. Hehe.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings