Can A Legally Married Couple Stay Togther In Their Flat?

Why am I posing this question? This is the problem bugging two of my cousins now. One from my dad's side, whom I am pretty close with as she is in the same field with me. The other is from my mum's side. He is older than me by 4 years.

First, let's talk about the 2 issues that are happening to them.

  1. Ms F is legally married to her husband late last year. Recently, her sis-in law, who is carrying her own child needs a room in her mum-in law's place. Therefore, her mum in law request F's husband to move to his new flat ( the martimonal home) by Oct. Howwever, my uncle has rejected this suggestion as he feels that F seems to be cohibiting with her husband.
  2. Mr K is legally married to his Vietnamese girlfriend in Vietnam.They had held the customary over in Vietnam & registered the marriage there as well. The problem now is the Viet gal does not want to come to Singapore. They had a big fight over this & the gal wants a divorce from Mr K now.
  • I feel that the first issue is not an issue at all as the couple is already considered as legally married. As the word "customary", I feel that its just a custom. If the parents really want it, please help the couple with it, otherwise I think when a person has not much money left after needing to pay for a long long housing loan. The marriage cert is the legal document to prove that they are married, so there is no such thing to say that they are cohibiting.
  • As for K, I just feel that he may not have known the gal well enough, as he got to know her through a friend. She is a foreigner, therefore will need time to understand & comprehend our culture and language. To her, it may be pressurising to comprehend it, as she comes from a country that is not as fast paced as Singapore. As a result, she wants out of the relationship. If you love someone, u should just let go sometimes to let him/her be happy.

I would like comments on this. What do you think?

Comments

Dalicia said…
1) Good luck with the mother-in-law!

2) Mr.K - You should have brought the girl back to Singapore the next day. I've heard it happened a few times. Because they want to cheat you out of the dowry. Anyways, if the girl don't want you. It's best to divorce. Because, to start a new life with someone that's unhappy with you. Will cause more problems...and she will leave you eventually...
Loo said…
I'm not going to comment on the 2 couples but comment on what i see now in this 21st century.

People now take marriage so lightly that once you couldn't tolerates, you divorce. Shouldn't you think clearly of everything before signing that piece of paper?

Ya, some people will say if the world thinks like me no body will ever divorce. But shouldn't marriage be something very sacred? very 神圣?

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings