FIRE EVACAUATION DRILL AND THE RUDE SENIOR

Today was the day of the fire drill at my office building. It also marked the last day of my job as I will be stepping back into student life for the next 14 days.

Quite a few things happened in the office today. Thanks to this drill. I just got to see how much lazier can my colleagues be when it comes to a chance NOT FOR THEM TO DO WORK.

The receptionist can say because of the fire drill, I can choose not to answer any incoming office phone calls.
The senior can hide behind the pantry with the manager and other colleagues, chit-chatting and having their tea break.
The senior told off a client for trying to send in a set of accounts for audit without notice. Is she trying to chase away the client? It is one of our major clients and we have only served him for about 3 years. I was hoping that my LB or B was around to hear what she said to the client. I think the client must be pissed, even though she can be blur.

Having the fire drill is not an excuse not for you guys not to work, as clients still need us to answer phone calls, especially in cases of emergency.

Talking about clients, I had a client today who got called up by IRAS as he had 3 outstanding years of accounts that was not lodged with them. He called me for help, but the first thing he was to do was to f*** you and say that we did not do the job for him. I was quite calm as I told him that I have tried to contact him ever since I sent out the 3 sets of accounts and tax computations to him last July. I think he was trying to find an excuse for himself. I told him to come down for a meeting, and I will explain to him what was going on.

He came later, and heard my explanation. He seemed calmer after I explained everything to him and said that he would submit the Forms himself to IRAS. I guess this person is the kind who will not show up unless something big happens and I mean really big !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings