Brother's Birthday Celebration & JJ's Concert

Woke up at 11.35am yesterday and suggested to my brother that I bring him to Sakae Sushi for a birthday treat. It was his birthday yesterday. Just as we were planning to step out of the house, Mum suggested that we meet her for lunch instead. She said it was brother's birthday. But it ended up I had to pay for the meal later. Mum was telling me not to be too stingy towards family members & generous towards my friends. Was wondering why mum said that? I think I treat my family members the same way I treat my friends, but my family is always close to my heart.

Lunch was at a Japanese Resturant at Ang Mo Kio Central. The service was ok and the serving of the Bento was filling, considering the size & variety of dishes and it was at a low price too, considering that the three of us spent less than $40 for the meal.


Went home after that and prepared for 林俊杰 Concert. Was supposed to meet Caifeng at 5pm at Aljunied MRT for dinner, but was late as I was preparing an interview on Tuesday. I am just going there for a try since the job scope will be very different from what I am currently doing now.

Dinner was at a dim sum eatery at Gelyang. After that, took a train to Kallang and took a bus to the Indoor Stadium. I nearly forgotten that it was the NDP Rehersal yesterday. That made the jam even worse. In the end, we alighted a stop earlier and walked to the venue.

The concert was overall very good as JJ showed off his talent in playing the piano and drums, using his mouth to make music and his dance moves. He also surprised us with some of his costume changes. I liked the one which he was dressed as a general, when he sang 曹操 and the part where he got the dancers to train us for a simple dance routine when he was singing 就是我

However, the bad thing about the concert was that it was too short, in my opinon as he only managed to sing his songs from his 编号89757 & 曹操 albums, and he sang very few songs from his first two albums, as he dabbled his hand into singing Jay Chou's 黑色幽默,当你 and Ah Mei's 记得. He also asked his special guests, Ah Do & Jin Sha to sing their songs as he went for his coustme changes.

Had a hard time hailing a cab at the Indoor Stadium when the concert ended at 11.35pm. We walked to the bus stop and took a bus to Suntec City and tried our luck there. Still there was no cab. In the end, we ended up calling a cab instead. I sent Caifeng & her sister back home first, before heading home myself. It was 1.15am when I got home. So tired, after two nights of fun and the thought of going back to work tomorrow sux.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings