Doc Orders Paul To Stay Home

Have not been feeling well since Tuesday, but had to drag till today afternoon to see a doctor. I had to drag myself out of my bed. Took a cab to work as it was going to rain as it was going to rain. Glad that it was the right move as it poured heavily as the cab headed towards Serangoon Central.

Was not surprised that my table was cluttered with documents, some of which were not mine. Seriously, I was quite pissed. It is common sense that one should clean up after use but these people don't know basic courtesy? And u guys are older than me and u need me to coach u on this?

Luckily was back at work for half a day before I went to visit the doc. As there was this particular sports association client called me up asking me why there was no tax computation. done for them. I told her that I was just following what my predecessor had done since we took over the tax matters in 2003. My predecessor didn't do any tax computation and my boss did not issue any change in insturctions when I took over this job to now. She asked me how come the tax computation was not done and there was no capital allowances claimed?

I just told her that I had to seek clearance from my boss before I can proceed further as I do not think we charged them any fee for the tax service rendered.

Soon it was dearing lunchtime, I sought clearance from my lady boss to go & pay a visit to the doctor. The doctor was good. He gave me 2 days of MC to rest at home. Was shocked to hear that Darling had a more serious cough and flu than me and was given 4 days MC. I guess it was 水土不服, due to her recent China trip. Hope can see her on the planned gathering at Marina Square on 23 June.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings