Granny's B-Day






These are the photos taken from my Grandma's birthday last nite. It was her 82nd birthday bash. It was at the same place for the past year. The Concourse, Teochew Garden. Fortunately, I was not questioned about my disappearance from the gathering last year, since I sat a table apart from the big aunt. My family was the last one to arrive as my dad had to go and get hold of his cab, and he came back to pick us up. My relatives were pretty angry that we were late. But I think my relatives were not that understanding, so I can't be bothered anyway.

Dad decided to take my suggestion and parked his cab at my office building carpark as the parking was so much cheaper. We walked to the resturant. and tried to locate our relatives. Dad was quite pissed that the waiteress just turned away when he asked where my relatives were. He was so angry that he didn't notice that I was right behind him when he stepped back. I just fell. This was just the first incident of bad service. More were to come later. My dad was seething with anger as he was settling down his seat

Took the seat beside my grandma on the second table, and started to ask her about her recent health. I think she was happy to see me, since it had been a while that he saw me. To me, the gathering was not a thing at all, as I didn't enjoy it at all, not with these nosey people around.

The service of the waiteress started to get worse as the 10 course dinner progressed. She did not change my plate after serving us the veggie. We had chicken before that, so u could imagine how my plate were to look like, after eating the chicken. It was filled with chicken bones and the sauce of the dish. The waitress seemed oblivious to that. In the end, my 4th aunt had to help herself to the clean plates located at the near side of our table. We had to top up our own drinks too.

I must say that the food was of ok standard, but the service really sux. If I was the one to select the resturant, I would have choosen the one at my office building, Keypoint instead, where I think the service should be better.

Comments

Paul said…
No lucky was all right. Jolene's dad was the one who suggested the resturant. Guess the manager is one of his business contacts.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings