Boring Course But Eventful Saturday Nite

I was being put off to sleep yesterday afternoon by the person who conducted the tax forum. In the end, I have to help myself to the refreshment and a cup of black coffee to keep myself awake for the second half of the course. It was supposed to have ended at 5pm, but the conductor extended his time to 5.30pm. I was really put to sleep by him. This was the first time I was put to sleep by a lecturer. The thing was he made some errors in the presentation. I was kind enough to point out to him, as I used to study them in my Advanced Tax Paper not too long ago, but he was damn proud, didn't admit his mistakes and he kept boasting about his achievements. I was thinking, how he dared called himself a certified ACCA tax lecturer? The good part about the course was that I was able to finally update my ACCA training record book for this course and it was free as LB paid for me.

After the course ended, I walked to the bus stop at the Singapore Badminton Hall to take a bus to Heereen to meet Richard, Jason & Eriko, my new net friend, who is an occupational therapist. Eriko also asked her friend, Audrey along. Everyone was on time, but our intital dining place, Marche Movenpick, was closed for renovations. In the end, I suggested to the guys and gals that we could go to the Hong Kong cafe that Jason & I tried at Marina Square. The cafe had just opened a new branch at Cineleisure Orchard. i had wanted to bring Richard & Eriko to try this place for quite a while. I was quite glad they enjoyed the food. The cost was pretty cheap too. We had a long 2.5 hour dinner, where we accquainted ourselves with the ladies. I feel that all of us clicked well, except that Eriko was saying that Rich was a bit too quiet.

After the dinner, we decided to go for KTV. Didn't want to enjoy bad service again so we went to Meritius Mandarin "The One". Was asked by the guys to kickstart the session. In the end, I chose JJ Lin's 原来. I must say the ladies were very spontaneous because almost every song we sang, they sang along. Was quite surprised that they could sing some retro songs that we selected too. I must say they have good voices too.

After the session, Eriko, Audrey, Richard & me shared a cab home, while J continued his night life at China Black with his another group of friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings