Feverish Friday

Wednesday

I was asked by Q if I had gone for an interview the day before. I told her that she was very kaypoh & told her to mind her own business and she is free to assume as she wish as this is my personal matter. She retorted by saying that you are getting less friends in the office. I was thinking, all of you the aunties think that I work like I want to snatch your rice bowl, when I am only handling what I am supposed to do. Maybe to all of you, I may seem that I dabble into everything, but I guess that is what being in a small firm is all about. One person/dept's output is another person/dept's input. If any part of the process is wrong, there must be someone to correct it, otherwise the bottom line & the firm's reputation will be affected.

I hope you all can please wake up to this reality, if not I won't be surprised if my boss carry out the sacking measures again.

Thursday

Met up with a group of ex colleagues from my ex firm as one of them, Soo is going to China for a long-term work assignment. Had dinner with them at TCC, Citylink Branch, where I had Dory Fish & Green Apple Twist. All my ex-colleagues have changed to a better job since I last met them in Feb, except me & Bik Huat, where we are still in our current firm. I told them that I have plans to look for a new job, & they told me that they would keep a lookout for me. I didn't join them for the after dinner activity as I had to work tomorrow.

Friday

Woke up in the morning and mum started to pick a quarrel as I said I won't be back for dinner. She said that my days are pretty eventful and I had been a spendthrift. I was thinking, it was her idea to ask me to go and meet new people and expand my circle of friends and I think my current spending is within my budget every month. I save about $200 in cash every month, based on my current pay.

Went to work with a heavy heart & angry mind, only to find that more rubbish was to come later. Maybe the sudden rush of pressure was the cause of my fever later in the afternoon.

Pressure Point 1

I was asked by Q's boss why I did not do the personal tax return for one of his client. I told him that I did ask him if the client, who was already dead last year needed us to do any tax work before the filing deadline. He said at that time that he would check with his son and get back to me, which he did not till the client chased yesterday. Q's boss decided to push all the blame to me.

I already done a short report, which I passed it to my boss to settle with Q's boss. I just think I may get screwed on Monday.

Pressure Point 2

Was queried over a draft tax computation that I have done for the auditors by LB that how come my figure was a loss figure & not a profit figure. Fortunately, as I knew that the audit was done by the bitch & BC ( Bitch was out to get me, after I pointed out the error in company registration number in the compilation of financial statements of one of our clients), I took a copy of the draft financial report and kept it as part of my workings. I showed the photocopies to her.

I was disturbed by what LB wrote in her note to me. She said she could not tolerate people who do not check their work & carelessness. I know it has happened before & I was sorry for that incident, but that does not mean that I do not learn from my mistakes. I can't be setenced or crucified just because of one error that I made. This shows your favourtism towards the bitch, and my assessment that there is a lack of better prospect in the firm.

Was supposed to meet a new net friend, Eriko after work, but due to the sudden bout of fever which I had, I had to postpone the appointment again to 14 July. Guess I have to make it up to her when I see her that day, as I had postponed the appointment twice due to my sickness.


Comments

Richie said…
Fren, push on for ur interview ok? u will get the results eventually. A lot of stingy employers around, but there are exceptional ones too.
Paul said…
Thanks my buddy, I am aware of all e stingy employers ard.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings