I Trust & Love You


Wednesday

I was awoken by my brother's chirpy voice at 5.40am. He told me that my favourite team, the Azurris had won the semi final match against the Germans in extra time by 2 quick goals in succession. I was the only one to predict that my beloved team would beat the Germans on their home ground as the Italian team manager, Marcello Lippi has better tactical acumen than Jurgen Klismann. I hope they can win the World Cup this Sunday. I am sure the French goalkeeper, Barthez will be clowning around again and handing out gift goals to Pirlo, Gilardino, Totti & company again.

Got hold of better news in the afternoon. LB handed out a letter to each of us. The letter states the following:

Dear Bing Fong,

The firm is giving a pay increment of 10% to all staff of the firm/ Company with effect from July. We thank you for your continued support.

Before giving me the letter, LB was asking if I was happy that Gernany got knocked out. I told her I was and I expected the Italians to win.

I was rather happy as this meant that I could stop my jobhunt & carry on my work here as my bosses had been pretty nice to me, save for some of my auntie colleagues. The benefits given to me by the firm is better than most of the other firms that I went for an interview.

I shared this piece of news with Jason, Richard, Darling, Rebecca, Wendy, Stella, Jolene & Caifeng. They were all very happy for me as Jason feels that I do not need to move about so much., whereas Darling was saying that I had to wait for so long for this moment.

Thursday

Q said that she knew the reason why LB had given us a 10% increase as she had expected us to give K a farewell treat before her last day. Although we report to different bosses, I felt that Q was quite mean to say that. K & I just retorted that we do not understand what she meant by that.

I was planning to give K a farewell treat next Friday, as I had been in close terms with her. The thick skinned Q decided that she wanted to join in and she even dared to suggest what she wanted to eat. I was thinking, the treat was meant for K & not you. Therefore you are not entitled to it.

But my mum was saying treat Q as well, since she introduced me a tuition the other time and I haven't thanked her for that. Maybe I should think about it.


Met up with Jason at the newly renovated Marina Square, where we tried the ”香港茶餐厅" located at the Basement. The food was not bad and the price was pretty worthwhile too.

We had our fill before popping by to the Creative Store to have a rough idea for Caifeng's birthday present. She said that she wanted an MP3 player for her coming birthday 2 Sundays from now. In order to avoid the mistake of choosing the wrong gift, (like the last round, it happened during Huiyu's birthday) we decided that we would bring her along when we shop for the present. I was the designated person to choose the present with her again, due to the close proximity of my workplace to the Creative Store.

After that, accompanied Jason to look at working briefcase to put his notebook for his new job, before going to TCC for coffee and chat. I was telling him that I have plans to push the planned trip to Kukop to a later date as the response was not as spontaeous as when it was first suggested. Was telling Rebec & Darling that I may be planning a local outing to replace this one, if it really does not work out. Jason and I left for home at about 10.30pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings