Return of Wedding Gift

My cousin, Jolene has returned me the wedding gift that I gave her the last time, Although I told her to keep it, since my parents did not help to pay for it. But I guess she wanted to save me from further naggings from my mum, who has been nagging non-stop from the day since I bought the gift for her.

I told my mum that since Jolene returm the gift, I told her the gift will be her birthday gift since her birthday will be in this month. I expected her to say some nasty stuff, like why she return the gift after so long, why she returned it?

I felt like telling her she was the cause of all this. If she hadn't said about 2 wedding gifts, I am sure Jolene will be upset.

Sometimes I just wonder what is the point of putting up a lavish wedding dinner, for the sake of pleasing our relatives and parents. I would rather use the money on the renovations or honeymoon. It is at least more worthwhile.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Read the Sunday Times, about the 16.5 carat and 4-day wedding dinner. THAT is lavish. Haha.
strawbearries said…
Mr. Foon and I had discussed and we felt that its better to return, we dont want friends/relatives to misunderstand that we are the one who requested for the gift when in the first place, we are not even aware that a present is coming our way. Not to mention, keep harping on the issue that happened more than one year ago! I've friends who gave jewellery and gift vouchers but no one ever made such a comment across to me before.

I agreed with anonymous that the one in straits times is lavish. Mine is just very simple dinner at a restaurant with not much customs in place. To me, I dont think thats lavish and yet I can also please my parents and relatives at the same time.
Dalicia said…
i told my relatives and parents in advance that i'm not planning to have an elaborate wedding. so they can forget about even attending my wedding...ahhaha...anyways, i feel for jolene. i'm sure if i had one, my parents would want a nice one :P

then, i just register marriage and that is it! i don't like all my relatives and i don't see how i can be happy celebrating with ppl i dont like.
Paul said…
Elaine, we share the same ideas. I told my mum that too. Her reaction was like, what if ur future wife wants e dinner?

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings