Teacher Orders Pupils Bashing of Pupils

I was quite shocked when I read about this article in The New Paper today. I didn't expect the teacher of a primary school to do such a thing.

I think the teacher must be upset / angry that the student did not do his homework, but I felt that she was wrong to order the group bashing. Given that how protective Singapore parents have become as to corporal punishment nowadays, this is certainly something that has gone beyond the limit.

If I were the teacher, I would have make him stay behind after class and do repeated copyings of the homework set. In this way, it will make him remember to do his homework. At the same time, I would tell him not to do it again.

What do you think?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nowadays, there is simply a lack of respect/fear for the teachers by the students compare to the older days. I once step into a classroom and felt like leaving after 10 minutes.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings