A Tribute To My Favourite Team- Italy, World Cup Champions 2006
















Pictures courtesy from Soccernet.

I went to bed at about 9.30pm yesterday and woke up at 1.50am to catch the World Cup Final between Italy & France. Italy has been one of my favourite national teams since I started watching World Cup since 1990.

I knew in my heart that my favourite team was going to win last nite, so confident that I placed a small wager on them at Singapore Pools for them to win the championship & drawing the game at full time.

The reason for the confidence was that France was too dependent on the golden oldies of Zidane, Makelele & Thuram. I felt that their wins against Brazil & Portgual were flukes. Italy had a shrewd tactican in former Juventus manager, Marcello Lippi. I knew he had something up his sleeves when Italy fought back with a goal & closed shop. Although, I admit, I was a bit nervous when it came to the penalty shootout as Italy had been always unlucky in penalties. I only opened my eyes when Italy scored the fourth one through Del Piero.

I hope this win will take off the gloom of the bribery scandal that is engulfing the Italian League.

Thank you Italy for defeating France.
You have done yourselves proud.
Forza Italia!!!

Comments

Loo said…
I don't know much about football, but when I watch the Monday morning match I don't think Italy did really that well. Furthermore, they won only by penalty kick, which i personally feel is the lousiest way of winning the cup. Just some personal thoughts. No offence.
Paul said…
Ya, was worried esp Henry was always running at Zambrotta & Cannovaro. France did well too, I must say.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings