Mum's CT Scan @ SGH

I specially took a day's leave to accompany my mum for her CT scan this morning. She was quite worried about her persistent coughing & phelgm that have plagued her for about 3 months, so I told her to go for the scan, just to check what is going on.

Woke up at the usual time that I usually do for work and took a bus to SGH with mum. She was suggesting taking a cab there, but when I told her that it was not worthwhile taking a cab as there is the $2 peak period surcharge & $6.50 ERP charges as you pass by the CTE. I guess I made the right decision as the bus ride took about 40 minutes to Pearl Centre, before we took a cab into the hospital, as we saw the shuttle bus speeding past us.

Although we were on time for the appointment, there was a queue in front of us already when we were there. Half an hour later, mum was ushered to a waiting room, where she was given antispetic, before being ushered to the Diagnostic Radiography Centre for the test. I could sense mum's anxiety and fear. I could only tell her that everything will be ok & not to worry so much. In my heart, it pains me to see her suffering like that and I cannot do anything about it. We waited for another half an hour before her turn came. It was a short 20 minute scan. I could see the fear lingering on her face as she stepped out of the room. I just hope that the results are okay, meaning nothing goes wrong when they are out in 8 days time.

Accompanied mum for breakfast after that. She had not taken anything because of the scan, before sending her to work in a cab as it was raining.

I wish to express my thanks to Richard & Darling for being so concerned about my mum. I am glad to have friends like you guys. Also not forgeting Rebec, who asked me to take it easy & breathe, after knowing that I was bogged down by my job problems as well.

Comments

strawbearries said…
Hope nothing serious. Meanwhile, try to take good care of her diet too.
Paul said…
Thank u ladies.I hope she will b well too.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings