Visit To Close Friend's Grandma's Wake

As mentioned in my previous entry, I had received news that my close friend's grandma demise on Wednesday. As I have knew her & her family members for quite a while, I felt that I should go & convey my deepest condolences to her family members.

Therefore, I ended on time at work yesterday and went to the wake. I was surprised that her extended family was small. I told her not to be too upset about the loss of her grandma as everyone has to go through the cycle. I could sense that she was upset about the loss, & brooding over the thought of finding a good job soon.

I managed to see her future husband as well. It had been about half a year since I last saw him and the couple has told me of their plans to register their marriage in the third quarter of the year. They have managed to put all the necessary items in place.

As my friend went through the rites, I spent time catching up with her husband. To think that we chatted for 3 hours was not a joke.

My friend's parents were surprised to see me as well. I guessed they were touched by my gesture of me being there with them.

Let's hope my friend and her family members can overcome the loss soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings