Working & Visit Old Folks Saturday


I was up early today for a Saturday morning as I had to go back to office to clear the mountain of work assigned by my partner. I guessed I made the right decision to stop my ACCA course for the time being as the work is still A MOUNTAIN even after I spent close to 3 hours there.

I was feeling fustrated by a Malay bus driver of SMRT bus service 61 though. I boarded this bus to get to my office as I gave up waiting for SBS Transit Service 107. Seems like my view about SBS bus drivers are more acceptable to comments and suggestions seems to be true. Please read this.

The Ez-Link machine was out of service as the driver claimed. He told us to pay by cash or look for another bus to board. Fortunately, ever since the ez-link system started, I always made it a point to bring coins with me as computer systems are prone to bugs. It has happened to me a few times before. After paying the fare, I suggested to him to restart the system by turning off and on the system again. I have my reasons for doing that as I have helped another SBS driver to get the system running again after two restarts. That SBS driver was quite thankful to me and at the same time, he told the passengers that boarded the bus this. " Please pay by cash as the machine is faulty. If you do not have cash, its okay." This SMRT driver, didn't even want to try again, as he claimed that he had restarted the system 6 times and said that he was late. Maybe he did try, but he was not patient enough as the system is quite complex so it may be slow.

After work, I met up with mum to go an old folks' home near the Singapore Turf Club vicnity to pay her cousin a visit and have a meeting with the social worker. Apparently, there was a miscommunication, miscomprehension & some tension and uneasiness caused by language problems. The issue was about money. My mum needs my pressence there as she was not able to communicate well in English. I must say that the social worker was quite wary of me, as he told me a different version of the story from the one which I understand from my mum & her cousin. Fortunately, the issue was resolved. The problem was caused by some admin lapses which resulted in the money issue that popped up.

Went for a haircut at my regular hairstylist in Hougang. I found out that the auntie from China has quit the job to look after her 3 children as her mum was not granted the special pass to be in Singapore to look after the kids. I wish her all the best then.

Went with mum to visit my granny. I heard from Jolene that she had a fall. I was not surprised by the hostile reception that my mum & I received from my 3rd aunt. But we were there to visit granny, so just can't be bothered with her. It is quite heartening to see her fit & alert despite her old age. She is 81 years old.She could still remember how she fell and when she fell.

During the journey, mum asked if me & my group of friends have patched up the differences with THAT PERSON. I told her that we do not wish to talk to her for the time being. She should do some reflection on herself on how she treat us. Wonder why mum has a good impression of her and why she keeps saying us that we are petty when THAT PERSON is at fault?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings