Be Understanding Friend

Some weeks ago, I got to know that one of my good friends, C was going for ROM with her partner of 4 and a half years in early October from a common friend of ours, Y. Y asked me if I want to share gift for the couple. How could I share a gift when I was not even invited by the person herself?

I managed to get a clarification from C that she didn't invite me or any of my other common friends as there was not enough seats to go around the reception. I told her that as a friend, I can understand the hassle of the ROM and need to appease the parents & parents- in law. Furthermore, she is the eldest daughter in her family. Her parents, being traditional must have invited a lot of their relatives & friends to share the joy of the happy occassion.

I told the couple in a meet up session not too long after that I do not mind if I am not invited to your reception. So long as you all are happy married to each other, as a friend, I will be happy for you.As for a make up dinner, u guys can choose to have it at a hawker centre, I will still be there , as I know u need money for your house renovations.

Just a word for Y, it is always good to keep it a secret as to what your friends tell you sometimes. If you don't, u may just lose friends, just like it did happen to me before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings