Birthday Bash Planning In Progress

I know that my birthday is still some time away as you can see from the day counter at the top of my blog page. But I am currently thinking of the venue to host the event, with the date most likely fixed on 16 Dec 2006 (Saturday) for a dinner gathering

The places that I have in mind for my 27th birthday bash are as follows:-

  1. Crystal Jade Korean Resturant at Ngee Ann City
  2. Din Tai Feng at Paragon
  3. The Mind Cafe at Boat Quay / Prinsep Street
  4. The Settlers' Cafe at Boat Quay / Holland Villiage

The size of my guest list should be somewhat similar to the one last year, which means about 10 -13 guests.

For choice 1, about half of my guests have tried the food there before, having been there for one of our friend's birthday bash. It is very good, But I wonder if they have a big table to cater to all of us.

For choice 2, many of my guests have heard that the food is nice, but never had the chance to try before. But I have heard some negative comments as well.

For the above choices, there will be a need to find after-dinner activity if my guests wants them. Of course, that will be at their own expense! :)

For choices 3 & 4, the after dinner activity is already in place, as after the food, it will be games for all of us, as it comes in a package. It will be a refreshing change as the usual after dinner activity is singing. But the menu may be limited in choice of food & drinks, and is there a few fun games that all my guests can play together at the same time? I am also afraid that , like what my brother said, " the place may be too childish for us, since we are all working adults."

I personally feel that sometimes it is good for us to roll back the years and help ourselves to destress from the hectic working life and office politics.

One of my planned invited guests is already worrying about the cost I need to fork out for the bash. I told her I am operating on a prudent budget every month, so I will be setting aside an amount when the event is confirmed.

In the meantime, I do welcome comments and suggestions about the choices that I have made.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i think settler's the best, cuz u can play all those games, i think u can even ask them to organise yr party for u... (but def need to book some days in advance)

ding tai feng is really not gd la, crystal jade xiao long bao is better...

but both those dimsum places not too gd, cuz those waitresses tend to want to rush u to leave once u've finished, so not a lot of time to chat after the dinner, unless yr gang is gng elsewhere after that.

haven't tried crystal jade korean. my fren might be gng to mind cafe soon, send u a link if she reviews it... can chk out her review on settler's cafe first if u want... http://foodieparadise.blogsome.com
Paul said…
I have been to Mind Cafe and the Korean resrurant b4.

The Korean food is not bad but Mind Cafe has ltd choices for food. For games, I think its not bad.

I am looking at Settlers too, having looked at their site, seems pretty comprehensive.
Yunfeng said…
as a brother, you decide yourself....

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings