Nosey Parker & Charlie Chaplin

My colleague, Q told me that she was starting divorce proceedings against her husband at this moment after he beat her up in a quarrel a week ago.

She was telling me that I wasn't observant enough as I didn't notice the injuries that were inflicted on her. I just told her that my work was too busy for me to show care & concern to you. Furthermore, you are only my colleague, I do not treat you like my close friend, as your actions towards me sometimes do not justify me to treat you as one. (The words in italics was my thoughts when she said the sentence.)

Just a short while later, she was to comment that I walked like Charlie Chaplin, which I found it insulting, especially coming from someone whom I have known for quite a while. If someone on the street, whom has never met me before in person were to make this comment, I would just shrugged it off as there may be a chance that this person has not seen a person with my condition in his life.

I nearly got into a big quarrel with an IRAS office today, after they had issued a composition fine to my client for tax return submitted on time. At first the tax officer refused to budge to waive the penalty as I told them I have proof that the tax return was submitted and faxed it to her my cover letter. I demanded a satisfactory answer from her, even though she asked me to redo the entire return again. I just got a call from her that she managed to find the tax return & wouldn't be penalising my client.

So much money has been put in to do a world class government service, but it is the attitude of the service personnel and lack of a proper checking system that is making us further from our targets.

Comments

xJohns said…
I agreed with you that I think your colleague Q is quite rude by 把自己的快乐,建在别人的痛苦上。
I think you should need to pay attention to this kind of ppl.
Paul said…
Tks. Johnson. I will mark that frm now on.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings