Shopping & Eating Day

I had a eventful Saturday, after not going out for the past two weekends due to
  1. Sickness
  2. Hard to get dates for myself (Maybe my friends are really busy)
  3. Busy with work, leading to stress, therefore not wanting to go out for meet ups.

While was on my way to my appointment, I messaged & called Eriko to wish her good luck for her audition. I could sense that she was quite nervous as she said that she didn't prepare much for her audition due to work commitments. I gave her some words of encouragement as well, as I felt that she had the talent to go through. I was to receive an sms later in the evening that she was selected. I am quite happy for her.

Met up with Rebec at Levander MRT as she wanted to go to Concourse to get some gifts for her school children. We reached there and saw that the basement was filled with the following activities / stalls.

  1. A toy fair cum sale
  2. A book fair
  3. A Soduku Challenge
  4. A stall that is always selling cheap CDs (The CDs consist of the latest albums as well, and usually going for $8 to $10)

Rebec actually wanted to get some toys to let her school students play on, but she couldn't find any interesting or suitable for her students, so we went to a stationery shop on Level 3. Rebec impressed me with her ability to choose nice gifts with a low budget again. She is so thrifty, but I guess this virtue is also important as she has to buy about 100 presents for her 3 classes of students. I still remember she gave me an interesting little book about birthdays and a Chirstmas card, with a personal touch, where she pasted 2 choclates on the card. I really like it & appreciate the effort that she put in. I guess she will do the same for her students. (to Rebec: I didn't mean to laugh at u when I saw u punching the numbers on your hp keypad to calculate the cost of the gift. as I always believe it is the thought that counts.)

After shopping for the gifts, Rebec suggested that we go for a walk at Bugis. As the weather was hot, we took a bus there. We stopped by Billy Bombers for a desert treat cum chatting session. We had an ice-cream and choclate cake before we stopped by an interesting shop that sold interesting lighters and toys. She bought a toy before we took a train to Somerset to meet Richard at Jack's Place for dinner.

We thought we were early when we reached there, so decided to stay for a while and caught a performance by some guitarists. We proceeded on to our meeting place after Richard said that he was outside the resturant waiting for us. Rebec's friend, SC was to join us later for the dinner as well.

I must say that the cost was quite afforable, considering the variety of set meals that we had. I had salmon, while Rich had chicken, Rebec had lamb chop, SC had chicken & mushroom spagetti. The soup of the day, lobster with cream was great and the desert served, the cake was delicious.

Richard & I went to the Fossil shop at the Heeren to look for a watch, which he planned to get for himself before calling it a night as we headed home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
help me congratulate Eriko!

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings