Surprise ROM Invitation

As I was shopping with my brother, I got a sms from C that she was inviting me for her ROM reception 3 weeks from now.

I guessed she must have felt bad that Y had told me that she was invited, but I was not, so she decided to squeeze me into the already bulging list. It could be that her husband, whom I also know, was rather surprised that I was not invited and got her to add me into her list. I think her tables may not be enough!!! This is what I worry for the couple, so I feel bad also.

I was able to read her mind about what she wanted. She wanted something practical so that she can use it for buying of furniture, electrical appliances or other stuff that can be used for their new flat. I discussed with Y about what to get for her and came to the conclusion that we should get our own gifts. Y was telling me that another one of our common friend, who is invited wanted to get necklace or earrings for her. I told Y that does this person know what does practical stuff means?

I have a rough idea in mind of what to get for the couple. It will be a practical one, I hope. Maybe I put down what I have in mind here. My budget is the cost of a buffet in a 4 star hotel. See what u guys think & give me some advice.

  1. Electrical appliances voucher from Courts / Harvey Norman / Best Denki
  2. Assuino ( the bed linen, mattress store) voucher (Not sure if they have any?)
  3. DBS / POSB bank voucher (The thought of giving red packet at ROM is funny, especially when it is usually done at traditional Chinese wedding dinner.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
[1] electrical appliance voucher - what kind of appliance do you think they need? will the voucher be enough to cover? is there an expiry date on the voucher?

[2] aussino voucher - do they like the brand, or are they planning on another brand's bedsheets already?

[3] DBS/POSB voucher - do they have an account with the bank?

Well, "practical" holds different meanings for different people. Your friend suggested earrings/jewellery as she thinks that since they can be worn, they are practical (as compared to decorative items), so please don't think that your friend is brainless. As a female, she most probably thought of something wearable as practical. For males, I guess something USABLE would fit the word "practical".

How about you ask the couple what they need and plan accordingly?
Paul said…
C said she wants $, Haha.
strawbearries said…
Probably can give Robinsons/Taka vouchers? I received that from my frens and its definitely useful for buying home appliances or bed linen stuff.
Anonymous said…
So has Paul decided what to get the couple?
Paul said…
Yes. Paul has decided & wil be sharing with Y.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings