Time for Character Makeover?

I am seriously thinking of a character makeover after hearing what someone told me that I was like a loanshark. When people see me, they think of money. But thanks to this person, I think she helped me see the light. I wonder if most of my friends think that way.

Maybe I am too nice to help people to get their birthday wishes granted, I will usually ask the birthday boy or gal what they wanted as I have always been appointed the designated buyer since I worked in my current firm about two years ago. It ended up most of the time people get their wishes granted but some people in the gift-share did not say they had problems. I remember it happened a few times before, but I guess I didn't heed the signs. The problems are usually solved by me looking for a gift on a lower budget. Being the designated buyer, the good point is sourcing for bargains, but the bad point is u may lose friends if they feel u r too high.

Maybe I value my friends more than my relatives, that's the reason why I try to fufill my friends' wishes.

Maybe I am a practical person, I believe in giving things that people need to use.

Next time I should ask people " it is so & so bday/ whatever occassion, please let me know what is your budget for this person?"

Comments

Dalicia said…
i like my friends better than my relatives. but of course there are a few cousins that i'm close with. but in general, i'm ashamed to have them as my relatives.

living in US is surely differen. everyone cares about themselves. and hardly spend time as a group anymore.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings