Crazy Mum Really Driving Me Nuts

I had came across a piece of news through Blogspot last nite, so decided to let mum know since she liked the "lead actress" in that piece of news so much. She had the same reaction as me, stunned. I just wish for happiness for the couple in their upcoming marriage.

My mum is still blaming me for causing the rift in the friendship with "lead actress". She was saying that, " My son is not showing enough concern towards gals, that's the reason why he can't get a gf." I just retorted and said, " Seeing my friends & relatives getting married makes me not want to get married anymore." I am glad that I took most of my friends' advice, by not letting her know that a gal has set my heart moving recently, otherwise she would start her relentless nagging to ask me to be quick to get the gal & frighten people away.

Was surprised that Claudia asked my mum why I did not attend her tea ceremony and church wedding today. I just told mum to explain to her that I was sick and my work was piling up, therefore I need to work. Mum said that I should have taken leave for her wedding, instead of Sherry's. I told her that Sherry asked me to attend about 1.5 months ago and followed up with her invitation last month, whereas Claudia only gave us the invitation card last week. Although my mum was informed before that, I was not aware of anything. Furthermore, I am not very close to Claudia, just usually met up during CNY at her place for CNY festivities. Therefore I decided not to take leave.

Wonder what's in my mum's mind & Claudia's mind?

Comments

Anonymous said…
ur previous entry says you're attending her wedding. now u say u din. where did you go then?
Dalicia said…
who cares what they think! those relatives really take advantange of ppl...only want your angpow! :P
Shionge said…
Sometime hor...not I say hor..but hor....we are closer to our friends than to our own cousins lor.....

So hor...I hope your Mom understand lor...:D
Paul said…
Anonymous: I did go for the wedding dinner, just that I didn't attend the tea ceremony & her church wedding in the day as I was working.

Elaine: I got to agree on that. But she knows I am still single & I won't give her much too. What's more, if I give, it will be in the family ang pow.

Shionge: Yes. That's rite. I know Sherry for 9 yrs already, since my poly days. So how can I not go and share her joy?

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings