Date With My Sisters at V8 Cafe



I have been looking forward to this meet up for quite a while already. Finally, it happened yesterday. A meetup with my sisters, Elainesg & Wendy at this cafe at Bugis Junction recommended by Elaine. Thanks to Elaine for the recommendation. The food was really good and reasonably priced, considering that there was 5 of us. The other 2 people at the dinner were Elaine's godbrother, Rong Cheng & my now famous NS buddy, Jason (after Sis Rebec put up his pic in her "Xiao Tian Tian" entry. Haha!!!)

I reached there about 10 mins earlier than the scheduled time as my office was 3 stops away. Jason was already there since early afternoon. I hope the meet up cheered him up though as his work is not flowing that smoothly as one would have wished. I guessed he must have a good time knowing 3 new friends yesterday.

Although it was the first time meeting with this bubbly and friendly sister of mine, Elaine was able to chat a lot with us. I was pretty worried initally that the gathering will be quiet, but I guessed my worries were unfounded. Because we chatted on a lot of topics at the Cafe and at the Coffee session at Shaw Towers after that.

The only person that did not participate much in our conversation was Rong Cheng. I wonder if our topics were too much about our common friends and our work or his mind was thinking of the GCE 'O' Level exams coming up, or about his failed relationship. Jason & I told him that he should put his heart and soul into his exams first, so that he could fulfill his ambition to join the RSAF as a pliot later. Girlfriends can wait. They will come naturally, when he least expected it.

One funny incident happened though when we were ordering our drinks at Starbucks. Jason could not comprehend what Rong Cheng wanted to order. Jason told him "你跟我一起去,Uncle 不懂你要喝什么?” All of us brust out in laughter after hearing this.

My sisters were pretty disappointed that Rebec & Mr R could not join us. I guess Wendy was hoping to see Rebec so that she could cheer her up over her recent problems. Mr R was down with grastric flu. Otherwise, I guess it will be more fun, as I just got to know that Rebec & Elaine were from the same secondary school, Bukit View Secondary. There is always next time. :)

Hope my sisters and Rong Cheng enjoy themselves last nite, because I did.









Comments

Kazzzzzzz said…
I had some appointments so could not attend. Glad to know you guys enjoyed yourselves.

Jie become Uncle ah? Cannot! Should be AUNTIE! Haha.
Paul said…
Wendy oso called him Jason Jie Jie :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings