Exhibition of the Nobel Prize Winners

Initially had not wanted to join mum to see this exhibition as the hazy weather today spoiled my mood to go anywhere. But mum said this exhibition was a once in a lifetime kind of thing. and it was just a stopover in Singapore, so just went with her.

I was glad that I went to the exhibition at Tampines West CC as it was a good showcase of the 3 Noble Prize winners, Gandhi, Martin Luther King & President Ikeda of SGI (Soka Gakai International Assiciation.)

Got to know more of the following:-

  • Gandhi's struggle to help India gain its independence from Britain in 1947
  • Martin Luther King's fight for human rights for the blacks.
  • President Ikeda's devotion for world peace and the revolution of SGI, a Buddhist religious organisation that has spread its wings to over 163 countries. (In Singapore, the organisation is known as SSA or Singapore Soka Association with 8 centres all around Singapore)

Although I have been with the SSA for about 20 years, I have not been practising as religiously as my mum as I feel that having a religion is like an accessory. It does not help me forget my troubles from work or have any good impact on my life, whereas my mum practises religiously as she feels that the religion has made a huge difference for me, from a sickly boy who can't walk to now a working adult who can walk. She feels that she has seen many miracles happening to me since she practised the religion. I do not stop her, because to her, it is a sense of security.



Comments

Dalicia said…
martin luther king jr made a great impact to people of color.
til this day, we are all fighting for equal rights
Dalicia said…
well, i think it's the religion that keeps her going. can't argue with that coz some of my relatives are extremely religious ppl, but they're so bad to their own family.

anyways, i hope there's good in people.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings