First Time @ Xen Bar - A Salsa Dance Club

I have asked Audrey out for a dinner date 2 weeks ago over MSN. She only managed to reply a day before the date, and she suggested having a simple dinner and going to Xen Bar. She was asking me to get more people along. I managed to tag Jason along, while she manged to tag Eriko along, which was a surprise, as Eriko told me she will be tired after her Bichata class.

Met up with Audrey for a light dinner @ MacDonald's @ Bugis Junction. Jason joined us later. After dinner, we went window shopping at Seiyu before taking a bus to Chinatown to meet Eriko to lead us there.

We took a seat at the Chinatown Point Coffee Bean while we waited for Eriko. She came by about half an hour later with her friend, Meiqi. I must say Eriko looked great in her outfit, but she looked tired though. I guessed it should be due to her punishing schedule. I advised her to take care as I heard her coughing every now & then.

The Xen Bar was a short walk from the MRT station. For me, it was my first time visiting a Salsa Dance Pub. It was an eye-opener for me as :-

  1. The place is not that smoky like Zouk Disco.
  2. It seems a cosy place to be in given the small space.
  3. The sofa was very comfortable for me.
  4. I got to see how the salsa is performed and hear the music was like.

Besides that, the ladies also went to the dance floor and danced to the song. I must say it was a good performance from them. A pity that my handphone was low on battery, otherwise I could have shared it with you guys some pics here.

All of us except Jason, (who went for his late nite dancing at another place) left at about 11.15pm as Eriko wanted to rest early. On our way back home, we saw Cai Chun Jia @ Dhoby Ghaut MRT. Audrey was saying that Chun Jia sings better than Yan Zi, but could not get as popular as her. I fully agree with the statement. Maybe, she can revamp her image a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings