Kinship & Close Friendship

Recently so many things have happened to me & it has caused me to take a closer look if I have been too close to my friends or have I been neglecting my family.

I find that from the recent things that happened, I feel that my mum has been practising double standards, where in some cases, why was it that she can do this? I can't do that? In some cases, I just feel that she is a bit old fashioned. Here are some examples

Once, she was at Singapore customs, a guy conned her into lending him a sum of money. This happened a few years ago. To date she has not received any payment from that guy. I believe that sum of money was quite huge. I was also conned once too by a net friend to help her pay for 2 Jay Chou concert tickets for her friends. She later came up with a sob story that her friends were killed by the tsunami in Thailand. She said she would try to pay me, but to date, no payment was made. I have since written off the debt.

Recently, my godsis, Elaine had arranged for her Bintan trip. She had brought a big dollar note with her, in which the tour agency refused to accept, citing lack of small change. In order not to make her not being able to confirm the trip, I paid for her first. My mum was so skeptical last nite when she examined my credit card bill, and said " You are so good to someone that call you godbro just recently."

I retorted that when my aunt (my mum's sis) needed financial help, I have helped my aunt too, and it was not a small sum of money. I know mum was thinking that I may get cheated again, but I must say she got cheated before too.

The 2nd incident was the Claudia's wedding disappearance incident that was being compared with my poly friend, Caifeng's incident. If Claudia was really serious to see all of us at the tea ceremony, she should have let us know in advance, say about a month, because my friend was able to tell me a month before her biggest event of her life.

The 3rd incident was the digital cam incident. If she had checked with me in the 1st place, I won't have to buy a new one already as my cam won't end up being smashed. Though she has bought over the old cam, I do know who she wants to give the cam to. If people spoil your thing, u dun need to ask them to pay, where is the logic? I am right to stop borrowing things from my uncle since what her wife said to my mum when I borrowed their digital cam last year. Now, got 2 people wants to lend my camera for their respective trips. One is Q, my colleague, the other is my godsis, Elaine.

As I have promised Elaine to lend my cam to her even before my old one went kaput, I will keep to my word as I trust that she will take good care of my cam. She knows the consequences if she were to spoil it. I won't lend it to my colleague though as I feel that she is one of those butter fingers kind, and likes to show off, even though the thing is not hers. I wonder what "good words" she will say again after I lend her the cam as this person do things or say things without thinking. Mum was trying to influence my decision to lend the cam to Q, instead of godsis. But my mind is already made up on who I should lend the cam to.

Comments

Richie said…
Well, pal. See things on the bright side. U cant pass ur days kept thinking about the bad side of life. You might age faster that way. Hehe.
strawbearries said…
About your godsis trip thingy, let your mum know that she did paid you the amount liao. Maybe she just worried that you havent received payment yet? Cheer up yah!
Paul said…
Rich: Ok noted.
Jolene: Yes I told her that, so she won't keep bugging me.
Anonymous said…
hi paul....yeah later you'll get wrinkles and white hair. but really, you can't help it. mums finds ways to get into your nerves. very hard to please...so, better not argue over it. you know, they only want to win! :P
Richie said…
My mum is slightly better. Hehe. Maybe because I am the youngest. So, when i keep my cool, she knows something is not right.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings