Movie Sunday- Lower City


Lower City’ follows the turbulent love story between friends Deco and Naldinho and stripper Karinna (Alice Braga from “City of God”) – a tale of jealousy, temptation and lust. ‘Lower City’ is directed by Sergio Machado and produced by the director of ‘The Motorcycle Diaries’, Walter Salles. Deco and Naldinho make their living running cargo and petty hustling on a motorboat they own as partners. When they meet stripper Karinna, both young men fall in love with her, starting a love triangle. Jealousy undermines the relationship, and the three break up, but they’re unable to remain alone. They are drawn back together, facing a path of no return.

Intitally wanted to catch this movie yesterday, but due to the terrible haze that enveloped the sky for almost the whole day, I postponed it to today.

I caught the show at one of my favourite cinemas, Orchard Cineleisure. I watched the movie at a special discount price, thanks to my UOB card. As I was purchasing my tickets, a Caucasian man was complaining to the usher that the cinema that the theatre that he was sitting in was too cold and he wanted the money back as he didn't enjoy his movie. I was stunned. How can he ask for a refund when he already watched the show? Anyway, didn't stay behind for the rest of the commotion as my show was starting.

The show was about 2 guys falling in love with a prostitute at the same time, and the prostitute didn't give a clear signal of who she was interested in? Maybe to her, the two of the guys were just flings. But I think it was clear from the story that she liked the boxer more than the serial robber.

I would give the movie 3.5 out of 5 as the storyline is quite clear and striaght forward and I felt that it depicts correctly about our current society now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings