Beware of the Pushy & Evesdropping MLM Sellers

I went to visit Jason on Friday nite with Wendy and we were greeted by her mum & 2 other ladies who claimed to my mum's friends. I found it strange and suspicious as I never heard my mum mention to me that she had known these 2 people before, but I could not check on the spot with my mum on whether the claims by the two ladies were true as handphones were not allowed in the hospital.

As we were talking to the two ladies, I had this impression that one of them kept harping on the issue of God and her cancerous tumours. I felt that something was amiss. My guess was that they were trying to sell a MLM product. True enough, Wendy & I were given a leftlet about the product a while later as they were trying to sell a health product which was claimed to have many Chinese herbs that could aid the recovery of a patient. As the product was very expensive, about US$200, one of them said that we could help Jason's mum to finance the product by asking all of Jason's friends to help to finance the purchase of the health product. I was thinking, if they were serious about helping, they should have helped by giving the product for free to help my friend, but I have doubts about the product and their kindness.

Wendy & I had wanted to stop auntie from buying the product, but we do not think that she may listen to us as we know that as a mum, she will try her very best to use the many methods that people suggested to get Jason healthy again. The sight of seeing auntie parting with the money shows how much she loved her son. And I was afraid that the ladies may get violent if we do not buy the product.

When I got home, I was feeling angry with my mum. I sat down with her as she got back from the hospital (she went to visit Jason after me.) and chided her for asking these MLM people to sell the product to auntie, knowing that their family is not well off. She said she was asking her Chinese physician about my pal's illness and how to get him up and running again when these two ladies, who were in the same room (my mum didn't know they were there as the room was divided by a curtain) said that they could help auntie to talk to the hospital authorities to reduce the bill. That was how my mum got accquainted with them. I chided my mum for not being discreet enough to check the room if there were people around. I felt that she was guilible too as she could have asked me to help auntie to check if financial assistance could be arranged.

I felt bad that I was partly the cause to make auntie part with her money to these pushy people. If I have not told my mum about it, I guess she won't be talking to her physician about it. Fortunately, auntie told my mum that she won't buy the product again, after my mum clarified with her.

So my message is "Beware of these pushy MLM product sellers"

Comments

Anonymous said…
what a rip off!! got to becareful of ppl this days!
Paul said…
Yea. I hate e way she talked.
Anonymous said…
u still have the brocheure? call CASE to complain.
Paul said…
I have e name card & brochure.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings