Visiting of my NS Pal, Jason @ TTSH

I met up with Elaine mei mei, Wendy mei mei, Huiyu, Caifeng & Kelvin to visit my NS pal, Jason at TTSH in the evening.

We were greeted by his mum as we reached the ward. The ward that Jason is in is the ICU. The sight of seeing him being connected to tubes really made me to be at a loss for words. We managed to chat at length with his mum as to how come he suddenly become like that. From the details of the chat, we gathered that it was a serious case of flu and cough that was not given medical attention till it was too late. On 30 & 31 Oct, he had developed a fever and was complaining that he was feeling hot on his internal organs and kept standing or leaning near the fridge to get cold air that was coming out from the fridge.

On 1 Nov, his mum was not able to wake him up and an ambulance was called to send him to TTSH. That day, his heartbeat stopped for a while, before doctors revived him back with a jab. He is still in a semi-conscious state now with the feeding tube containing milk was given to him. He will have another operation done on him on Thursday to allow the doctors to pump in medication.

I gave his mum my no so that he could contact me if my pal had any changes in his condition.

This incident has taught me things that will make me treasure life even more.

Life is fragile, one must learn to let go when necessary & treasure your loved ones.
Please see a doc if u r really sick and get sufficient rest, so that u can say that u love yourself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Although I seldom talk to Jason, I wish him speedy recovery..

Quite shocked to read this.
Anonymous said…
hope he's well!
Shionge said…
I am sorry to hear this Paul, hope he'll get better soon.

Yes, do seek treatment early when one is ill.
Paul said…
Thanks. I just hope he wakes up soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings