Cousin Yanbin Wedding - The Church Ceremony

The bridal car - My cousin's bro-in law, Vincent's BMW


Cousin Yanbin waiting nervously for the bride!











The church: Church of St Mary





My aunt & her family
I had to wake up unusually early for a Saturday morning to attend the wedding reception of my eldest aunt’s son, Yanbin’s wedding today. This is because being brought up in a traditional Teochew family, there is always the tea ceremony to attend.

We took a cab to my aunt’s place at Balestier for the tea ceremony. My 大姑丈, i.e. my cousin’s dad welcomed us with a sumptuous spread of soon kweh, 豆沙饼,算盘子, durian tarts, while waiting for the bride & groom and other relatives before the ceremony could start.

The relatives were slowly making their way to my aunt’s place. We started the ceremony soon after. The ceremony started in order of seniority. In accordance to the tradition, the married couple had to serve tea to the elders. The elders will in turn give gifts or red packets in return and wish the couple have a blissful marriage.

After the ceremony, my mum & I proceeded to the Church of the St Mary’s at Bukit Batok, where the Catholic wedding ceremony was to be held. We were joined by my 四姑. The rest of my relatives did not join us as my aunt thought that the church was too far for them, therefore, excused them.

It was always nice to observe a wedding ceremony. My first impression of the church, it is very big. The hall is designed in T-shaped setting where I thought it could easily sit close to 400 people. My aunts & I were ushered to the best place to observe the ceremony by the ushers.

After the ceremony, we proceeded to the buffet lunch provided by Regent Hotel by the reception. I must say the food was quite good, save for the fried rice, which was a tad too salty.

After the sumptuous lunch, mum & I took the train home as we had to catch our sleep to be ready for the dinner tonight.














Comments

Kazzzzzzz said…
Wow, first time I'm seeing the interior of the church though it's in my area. :)

Weddings always look so nice, no matter which style it's in. Hope your cousin has a blissful marriage.

(^_^)
Paul said…
I thought I was in the hilltop. It is a really nice & big church!

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings