Cousin Yanbin's Wedding Dinner @ The Regent Singapore

My family was the last to arrive for the wedding, due to the terrible jam @ CTE. Fortunately, dad was driving cab yesterday and the cab company, being a new one, had the old walkie talkie system which means that cab company is able to share traffic info through the system. Dad, upon hearing that, took the longer route instead.

When we got there, the dinner was just about to start. I liked the atomsphere of the dinner as during the course of the dinner, albeit only for the first 5 dishes, we were entertained with some 80's & 90's well-liked music by 2 guitarists & a saxaphonist. Jiaxuan, one of my cousins was commenting that the saxaphonist needs to open his mouth non-stop after the performance, in order not for his mouth to go out of shape.

In the middle of the dinner, Yanbin shared with us how he managed to save on the angpows for the bride's sisters in the morning. He had launched a pre-morning raid at her house @ 6.45am, one hour before the scheduled time and entered the house when all the sisters have not arrived yet and got the bride for free. He said it was interesting to see a role reversal, as the sisters climbed over the bride's house gates at 8am. Maybe I should try that for my wedding next time. Of course, my cousin was sabotaged at the dinner last night. He was forced to drink about 5 full glasses of red wine by the sisters.

Another interesting feature for the dinner was there was no "yam seng" on the stage. It was just a simple cheers. My table of relatives thought that the dinner needed a spark , and so when the bride & groom visited our table, we decided to do the 3 "yam seng" for them.

Overall the food & service of the hotel was great.

I hereby wish the couple, Yanbin & Menlissa, have a happy & blissful marriage.

Comments

Paul said…
My mum also asked. I also tell her e same thing.

Just ignore them.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings