Eventful Days

I have been too busy to blog since I started work on Thursday as many events have happened in this short working week.


Thursday - 22 Feb 2007



It was one of those days that I do not have lesson on a Thu. Since it was still CNY period, I had invited a friend of mine, who used to drive me to NP when I was a student there to my house for a visit since he wasn't able to make it to my CNY gathering for my friends on Saturday as he will be working. We had a fun time chatting about his new born baby gal. My mum also gave him some health tips to enable him to stay fit & healthy for his job.



Friday - 23 Feb 2007



Dear Mr. Lee Bing Fong,



Thank you for volunteering your service again during the tax-filing period. We have noted your preferred eClub & the volunteering dates. For any queries on VES, please feel free to contact me or any of my colleagues (Rena/ Clara/ Cynthia) on XXXXXXXX.



I had signed up for the IRAS Volunteer E-Filing Excercise again. I always believe in giving back to the community as without the community, I won't be at where I am today. I will be volunteering at the same place where I had done for the past 2 years for 9 sessions this round.



Met up with Perfectwound, Momo and Wendy at Billy Bombers Marina Square after work. I must say PW & Momo is a great and interesting couple. I was surprised by the interesting CNY menu that they had. They had given a deck of poker cards as well as part of the dinner package.



We had a nice time chatting over at the dining place. We also accompanied Wendy to change her money & get the necessaries for her company's CNY R & R trip. I was quite surprised when I heard that she still had to work for 2 hrs on the next day ( which was the day of the trip). I wonder what kind of boss is she having?



Parted with PW & Momo at about 9.30pm. I was so tired when I got home that I just bathed & slept after that.



Saturday - 24 Feb 2007



Woke up at 10am and had a quick breakfast before setting out to my secondary school buddy, Malcolm's house for a house visit. This has been a regular feature since my secondary school days.



Watched "Hutch" at his place. I was asking him if he wanted to join in the ex schoolmates gathering @ my school next Sat. He was not keen on it. Since that's the case, I guess I won't be joining the gathering next Sat.



Had a 2hr chat before leaving his house at 12.05pm to prepare for the gathering with my friends. I had wanted to order Pizza Hut & KFC, but they could not deliver to my place and needed me to pick up. Therefore I decided to try MacDonald's instead. The service was efficient and timely and the food arrived when my first guests came.



The first guests was a surprise. It was Elaine with her new beau, Terence. This sister of mine told me that she was coming on Sunday but decided to give me a surprise by showing up today. Lucky, I ordered more than enough food to go around. I can see that Terence is really serious about the relationship with my sister. I do hope that the relationship can go all the way. Hopefully, Elaine will be touched by Terence's sincerity and forget about the hurt in her previous relationship. I must say I have a good impression of this guy.


Soon after, Richard, Rebec & Stella arrived. They had came together in a cab. It was then we tucked into the food. I was glad that they like my choice of food. Pics will be up tomorrow as Slide.Com is down.

After that, we played some blackjack, before Lorraine came and we headed to the hospital to visit Jason. I must say he is much better today, not coughing so much, and was smiling frequently throughout the 2 hr visit. Maybe he is cheered up by the fact that I had brought so many people to visit him.

After the visit, we took a bus to Junction 8 where we had snacks at Coffee Bean. I ended up sharing the details of Operation P with them. I was just mentioning that I needed some gift ideas for her birthday that is coming up. They said that knitting a scarf or doing the Ferraro Rocher flower was a good idea. But given the short time ( about 2 weeks to her b-day) and an analysis of her character, my friends had other ideas for me. As usual, I have to thank one resourceful person in this team who came up with the idea. After running around a few shops and looking at many many designs with my friends, her gift was settled. I just hope that I will be able to secure a dinner date with her in order to pass the gift to her. The resourceful person gave this shopping trip and planned date a nice codeword. Operation PE.

After the shopping, we parted for our respective homes.

Once again, A big thank you to all the people for making the effort to come to my place for the gathering. I know some of you stayed far. I also appreciated your help for the choice of her gift. I may need your help again for the date.



Elaine mei - Thanks for the surprise. It was unexpected but pleasant.
Terence (Elaine's bf) -Nice knowing u, pls treat my sister well.
Rebec - Thanks for coming despite your back pain. I enjoyed the laughter that we all had.
Richard - Pal, a big thank you for sending Rebec, Stella to my place .
Stella - Thanks for your pressence. I know my place was far for you.
Lorraine - Thanks for your pressence. Appreciate the effort that u made to be with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings