I Can Feel The Earth Move Under My Feet


I was evacuated from my office in the early afternoon due to the Sumatra earthquake that caused my building to shake. As a precaution, our building supervisior decided to evacuate all of us.
Maybe we were too engrossed with my work, until Mrs Yee had to call us to stop work and take the stairs down immediately. Maybe the PA system announcement was too soft for us to hear. As I made my way down, Mrs Yee helped me to put the ashtrays located at the staircase railings on the floor, after seeing me knocking down 2 ashtrays as I was making my way down. I lost sight of my colleagues soon after. Took about 8 mins to climb down from my office located on 19th floor.
At the assembly point, I managed to see my neighbours, so I gathered with them. We stayed till 12.30pm before going for lunch. The hawker centre was all full and everyone were discussing what happened.
This was the first time I had been evacuated from the building, since I started working there 3 years ago. What an exprience it has been.

Comments

Shionge said…
Good that you walked down via staircase, my HQ staff over in Gateway West took the lift, can you imagine that!!!! Should have run down the staircase...oh gosh!!!! What happen to all those emergency exercies huh?

So you all went home in the afternoon?
Paul said…
No, Shionge. The building was declared safe after my lunch. So I was back to work.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings