Understanding Your Family

Dad & brother just had a huge quarrel over a senstitive issue, religion just a while ago. This has been anticipated, ever since my brother decided to switch churches some time ago after going to my dad's church for about 13 years.

According to my brother, he claims that there are a few things that he cannot accept in the old church which caused him to make the change.

1. He can't seem to get along with his church mates there. The people are looking down on him as he is from the poly & not JC, like them.
2.These people goes clubbing & stay out late at night. My brother doesn't like this kind of places, therefore he is being branded as anti-social by these people.
3. He thinks that some of the teachings by the pastors of the old church are wrong. To me, I feel that there are no wrong teachings, maybe it is just another way of interpetation by another pastor / church. This is what my dad feels too.

He says he feels more at peace at the new church, which he was introduced to by his secondary school classmate, whom I don't really like as I feel that the classmate is of a bad influence to him, because he always made use of my brother. Another thing is that my brother feels that he is being respected at this new church by his new friends as they do not look down on him.

As a result, my brother decided to stop going to the old church 2 weeks ago after shuttling between the old & new church for quite some time. His action has angered my dad. In fact, my mum & I have tried to explain to my dad that my brother had decided to go to the new church as he felt that he was being looked down upon at the old church, but it seems that my dad chose not to listen. It could be due to his stuborn nature & could not care less attitude about the development of character and upbringing of his children. All these things are always looked after by my mum.

My dad told my brother that he is washing his hands off my brother's matters since he was able to make such a big decision himself. Any future decision that requires assistance will be under my mum's charge & my charge. It looks like the cold war has really started. I think it will take a long time to end, judging from my dad's character.

I wonder how to put a stop to this, or should I just stay in the background & keep quiet.

Comments

Kazzzzzzz said…
Pardon me, but going to church does not mean you must join all their gatherings right?

First time I heard about having to go clubbing with church goers....

Since when is religion decided by the activities you join in?


Please... Believe in Jesus cos you want to, not cos your friends do....
Paul said…
Thats what I told my brother oso.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings