ACCA PER Programme Talk

I was asked by Q's boss today why I had the privillege of coming late & running off early. I guess I do not need to explain why I do that to someone whom I have no direct relation to in one way or another. Anyway, he always think that he needs to be treated with respect as he stays in a big bungalow in Bt Timah. Who does he think he is?

I was running off to SMU for the ACCA Per Talk. In fact, as I was not very sure where the Admin Block of SMU was located, as street directory.com gave a vague direction leading me to the place. The SMU campus is big enough that it covers about 3 bus stops across 3 major roads. I took a cab there to be safe.

Was thankful to Ms Jane & her colleague of ACCA Singapore as they actually allowed me to sit at the registration table to have my light dinner. Her colleague found me familar as she had attended the IRAS VES ceremony last month. Jane was to help me get some light refreshments at the end of the talk to fill my stomach.

From the talk, I got to know that it is compulsory from now to update our working experience into the ACCA PER system and we are to submit an annual return by 31 Dec each year. Each student must complete the training booklet online each year to be signed off by our bosses or superiors who must be ACCA/FCCA/ ICPAS registered CPAs. It will be easy for me to fulfill the conditions but I am not sure if my boss is willing to sign off my 3 yrs & 3 mths worth of experience for me as he may find it a chore. I was thinking that I should just e-mail the training booklet & wait for him to ask me about it & see if he is willing to sign for me as some bosses just hate to do these things.

Even though, I might be leaving the job soon, I hope I can get this experience on record, despite the nasty things that happened last week. Can my wish be fulfilled? Am I doing the right thing?

Comments

curryegg said…
You're the one who know yourself best. So, make a wise decision and trust your instinct once you've chosen it! Gambate!

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings