Why Do I Have Such Selfish Relatives?

I just had a arugement with my mum just now over my attendance of a family gathering this Sat as it will be my granny's lunar birthday. I have told her & my dad that my bro & I will not be attending as I have given my word to Rebec mei that I will be attending her performance, since she told me a month ago.

If my aunts and uncles are really so interested to celebrate my grandma's birthday, they should have included my dad in the planning committee too, or at least inform my dad about 2-3 weeks in advance that they are planning to have the birthday celebration & not wait till 4 days before the celebration and let us know that there is this event going on. My father is their brother lei. But it seems that he is not treated the way how a brother should be treated.

A compromise was reached. It was agreed that my bro would go for the celebration with my parents and I will find another person to go with me for Rebec's performance. I knew mum was still unhappy but what I feel is since my relatives is not considerate, why should I be considerate to them?

Do let me know what you feel about this?

Comments

Shionge said…
Hiya Paul, I do notice that older folks tend to do things last minute & inform other relatives at a much later date.

Whereas for working adults we have plans & schedule all listed out henceforth would notify others earlier.

Don't take it too hard, with relatives especially extended families it is normal we just have to be more accomodating.

Don't jump into conclusion that why they did not include your Father on the planning of the celerbation...sometimes it gets thing done faster when it is a smaller group. Did your Dad voice his opinion?

It is a celerbation so enjoy with your grandma and if you are not able to attend, give her a call she would be very happy :D

Have a nice day.
Dalicia said…
maybe they think, that they don't need a lot of people to plan for a party? yeah, relatives expects everyone to be there..even the last min...what to do? just like u r supposed to help them with anything....
Anonymous said…
(1) You try to put yourselves in ur mum shoe...If her kid urgue with her shoot her scold her because of just a family gathering that is once per year how you will feel
(2) If ur relatives want everyone to be around to celebrate granny birthday and ur side so many pp not able to attend it is possible to postpone it.
(3) How come you cannot remember ur granny birthday and also crash with ur friend performance..
(4) ur friend performance only once per lifetime and you can celebrate ur granny birthday also once per year ..a better choice is go and celebrate ur granny birthday earlier loh and so that you can go and watch ur friend performance.. no need to quarrel with ur mum over it..

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings