881: The Papaya Sisters


The Papaya Sisters" tells the story of two childhood friends who grew up mesmerised by the glitz and glamour of 'Getai' and dream of one day performing on the 'Getai' stage. After being blessed by the Goddess of 'Getai', they become the most sought-after pair of 'Getai' singers ever. Unbeknownst to them, rival sister group The Durian Sisters have become intensely jealous of the Papayas' success, and are determined to trip them up by messing with their schedule. With the help of their gangster Godfather, the Durians succeed in shutting the Papayas out of many 'Getai' performances. Await the musical battle where both sides pull out all the stops to win over the audience.
I went to watch this movie with my brother. I find the story very funny in the beginning, but very sad in the end. To watch this movie, it is good that one should know the Hokkien dialect as most part of the movie is spoken in the language. You will get to see Project Superstar winner Kelvin Tan in the movie playing as himself too.
Overall, I would give the movie 4.5 out of 5 stars for the movie plot, storyline and acting. I will most likely get the DVD from my client when it is released.






Here are 2 songs from the movie, which I liked it very much!!!

I can't imagine this is my 800th post for this blog of mine!

Comments

Dalicia said…
nice melodies :) happy 800th post

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings