Cousin SH Housewarming


My family was invited by my cousin SH to her new house at Jurong West for housewarming session today. I had initally did not want to go as it meant that I had to rush down from my office located in the eastern part of Singapore to the western part of Singapore, but I relented after mum had asked me to go as she said, nowadays my relatives (be it mum's side or dad's side) only meets up when it is on CNY or any other events like wedding & funerals. My mum's friends were commenting that my family lacks the "家庭宁距力". I know it is sad but it is true.

After working till mid afternoon, I managed to clear what I set out to clear at work today, (which is a good sign, as my next weekend is burned due to weekend lectures with my lecturers. I have taken leave next Monday to recharge & relax myself). I started my journey to go to the housewarming.

I was quite surprised to see cousin in law, ZW having so many relatives and they actually helped the couple out by doing the agar-agar, fry the chicken wings, do some deserts, help to get more ice cubes when it ran out. The family bond is so strong that we feel so ashamed of ourselves.

We ate, chatted & toured the house, a 2 storey Executive Maisionette, just like mine.The couple actually spent a large sum of money, I guess, as they hacked off the study room, balcony & store room at the lower floor and made the living room & kitchen bigger. They hacked off the master bedroom & transformed it into a library cum relaxation corner, leaving only 2 rooms on the upper floor. I heard that they got the flat at $280K, which was half the price that my parents paid for 8 years ago. The only drawback was the place was pretty inaccessible as you need to take a feeder bus to Boon Lay Interchange to get to town.

I would like to thank Cousin QL for giving me a ride back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings