Change & Change Makes Me Hopping Mad

Yesterday, my lady boss had a chat with me about how I did my tax computation nowadays. This was just about 3 months after her husband actually added some steps into my tax computation work.

Since I thought she was just interested to find out about how I do them, and what were the steps & time taken to do each computation, I felt that it was only right for her to know, since she is a partner of the 2 CPA firms that I am working in now. Ever since the additional steps were implemented, I have not made any mistakes so far, therefore I didn't suspect anything amiss, although she did jot down some notes, which she said she would get it typed out.

Never did I expect that she was to come up with a "beautifully worded" Steps for Tax Computation which was signed by the following people:-

  1. Audit Manager
  2. Audit Supervisor, aka known as the b***.
  3. My boss
  4. My lady boss

I was asked to sign immediately by the b***. I should say my hand was forced as I was doing other things when she asked me to do it immediately. Alas, it was only later that I discovered what the two women did. Here is the brief contents of the steps that I was asked to sign.

Steps In Preparing Tax Computation

  1. All drafts to be prepared on recycled paper. The printer that you give me always have problems taking in recycled paper, so of course I do not wish to waste time having to clear paper jam. The printer also print out loads of garbarge paper sometimes. I have to off & on the printer before it works again.
  2. Draft Tax Computation (typed) to be reviewed by Audit Supervisor. Audit Draft Tax Computation must be attached. I was schooled in a teaching at my ex-firm that Audit Draft can't be relied upon as it is just a rough skeleton and the auditors are not trained in this area. Over here, it is very much the same. I know that the b*** is an ACCA graduate, but she has a lot of grievances against me after I complained about her and her her dept colleagues' work many times for poor referencing, wrong figures input after accounts are sent out to the clients. It made me have more work to adjust my tax computation. My lady boss keep saying I make mistakes, but how about the audit staff? Their mistakes escaped 3 points of review. I wonder how the reviewers do their review? "Close eyes review" maybe? This is why I call the audit dept "Royal family" or “贵族”
  3. After review, amend errors if any, and pass to the Audit Supervisor for review.
  4. Prepare Form C , Cover Letter and let Tax Partner sign before despatch to client.
  5. To clear all query points raised to client if any, and revise tax computation if necssary.
  6. Prepare Cover letter and attach Tax Computation, Financial Statements and other supporting documents to be despatched to IRAS.
  7. All other tax matters are to proceed as per usual.

The issue that made me flare up was why didn't she discuss with me that she was going to change the reviewer from my boss to the b***. I know she may have such thoughts in her mind.

  1. I may leave the company soon and she needs the b*** to pick up my skills. If she is so afraid that I leave, please increase my pay or reduce my job scope. Also my job title of "Tax Assistant" is a joke. I have been working for 3.5 years for you, and my title is still that. Tell me what u guys think.
  2. It may seem that I am very free. Below is an extract from my resume about what I am doing in this firm.

Tax Assistant

Preparation of personal & corporate tax computations
Advising of Notices of Assessment
Preparing replies to tax queries
Handling of summon cases
Filing of estimated chargeable income for companies
IRAS “My Tax Portal” Verification of Client Data & Access Code Resetting Project
My Tax Portal Administrator
E-filing of GST Returns

Maintenance & Filing of Client Tax Documents

All these tasks take up a lot of my time. A 40 hour work week is not enough to do so much. This explains why I go back to office on Sat sometimes, not because of the OT pay. It is because of the workload. I have about close to 250 clients to handle. Elaine & LS was saying I am "能者多劳” What do you think?

If you think that the OT pay is a form of pay increment to me, don't u think u are bullying me inside out? My industry peers are taking home much more than me. In fact, some of you who know me here say that my pay is too low.

I am thinking of giving it all up, but not when I still have so many commitments on hand now. I can't bear the thought of being at home idling if I can't get a job. The worst part is my mum naggings. Haiz...........

Hope I get good news soon.

****Prays hard*****



Comments

@pinkyaffair said…
mayb a change of environment with higher pay which suit you...dun give up...try lor...jz like me...still trying..
Paul said…
Thanks Nicole.

I am keeping myself going.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings