Eventful Saturday

54 Hour Work Week

images

This week was a long work week for me as I just sat down & counted how many hours I had worked this week. A whopping 54 hrs. The last things that I had not wished for it to happen but happened was :-

  1. I forgot to lock up the office last night, in my haste to go home for dinner at 8.45pm and was told off by "The Prawn" for not locking up as I stepped into office today to continue where I left off. I found it interesting as to why didn't Mr Yee speak to me about this as The Prawn claimed that my boss was called back by the management office to lock up the office at midnight. I wonder how true is that as The Prawn is known for cooking up stories. Now I know why Q calls him Osama, because he may be the next one to set up the new terrorist attack. Haha!!!
  2. Was asked by Mr Yee to create two tax files for all my tax clients - One current open file for tax assessments that are not finalised & the other is for finalised assessment. It seems a good idea & I knew it was the b*** & my lady boss who suggested it as they claimed that the tax files are too thick. I wanted to voice my reservations to this, but Mr Yee seemed to be in a hurry & left the office after he told me this. My reservation was the lack of storage space & filing cabinets, as well as the tedious process having to switch the documents, since the person who suggested the idea would not be the one doing all these "dirty work". These dirty work will be me to do it. D was right to say that I am being exploited by my boss & should speak up. But knowing that the b*** is good at carrying my bosses' shoes, do you think I have the chance to speak up? Based on the seniority in the company, I lose out to her as well.

Can someone teach me what can be done?

 

Self Service Dinner

images

Decided to try out the new nasi lemak  stall at the newly renovated coffeeshop near my house when I was out for dinner with my dad & brother just now. But the whole dinner was spoiled by an incident that caused my dad to be very angry that he wowed not to order from that new stall again.

I had picked my food and was walking back to my seat with the plate of nasi lemak when I tripped over a chair's leg, causing me & the plate to fall over. The person sitting on the chair happened to be my friend's mum. She didn't even bother to apologise and just said that I fell because of my disability. I was too tired & hungry to say anything so I just sat down and waited.

The drinks stall auntie was very good. She went out of the way to ask the nasi lemak stall auntie to replace a new plate of nasi lemak for me. Not only that, she carried the plate of nasi lemak to my table and asked the auntie not to charge me.

My dad was disturbed by these :-

  1. Out of the whole coffeeshop, the stall was the only stall that needs the food to be self-served. Why is it so? You will be hurting your own business, since your peers are not doing that.
  2. Why didn't the stallholder help me to carry the food on seeing me ordering the food? She didn't have eyes to see? It is not as if that she has no helpers. She got 2 helpers to help her.
  3. Why you still want to charge me and expect me to pay for the plate of food that I can't eat?
  4. Why must you ask the drink stall auntie to serve the food to me, why can't you do it yourself?

I wonder where is the heart of these Singaporeans sometimes. But I am really stunned by my dad's actions as he really shouted at the coffee shop never to order food from them again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Its up to the stall since they already written self service you cant blame anyone else. the stallholder didnt help you because you never ask them to help.Or maybe you want others to treat you as disable person ,even so you can ask your father to help if you had any difficulty. why make the stall to pay for nasi lemak that your friend mum and your fault that cause you to fall down.The drink stall anutie just being kind.
Anonymous said…
Gee...not mean to offend you or your dad. Maybe I can helped to answer your dad's questions

1) The nasi lemak stall is self-serviced, it could means when busy at time, there may only one person tending the stall, no one help to serve to table. Moreover there is no rule that his/her peers are not self-service, means that he/she must follow the suit.

2) Since it is call self-serviced, I don't see why the stall owner have to help you to carry. It is just a plate of rice not big barrel of rice. I don't think you should make use of your "disability " to want ppl to pity you, right?

3) Erhmm...I think it was you who tripped by the chair not the stall owner to put the chair there to let you tripped. Anyway in the end, there is no charge for the 2nd plate, isn't it?

4)The drink stall auntie is really helpful that doesn;t mean the nasi lemak own you anything that have to help you. After all the incident, he/she is still a innocent party for this accident.

I think the heart of Singaporean doesn't sound as bad as you mean.
Anonymous said…
"Why you still want to charge me and expect me to pay for the plate of food that I can't eat?"

I think this is absolutely wrong to think this way. No doubt you cannot eat the food, but did you put yourself in the shoes of the stall owner? He is doing a business. Does it means that everyone drop their food means he got to give them another plate FOC? And you have already purchase the food, what you do to it, is not the business of the stallholder anymore. He is actually being kind hearted by giving you another plate FOC. If this is still not consider kind, I really have got no words to say.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings