How To Have A Good Wedding Dinner?

336832876

Recently, I'm glad to have some friends who are married or in the midst of getting married. They were sharing with me how to ensure that I do not have to face the common problems faced by couples as they are planning for their wedding. I would like to thank to thank T, C & D for sharing these tips which I thought was interesting insight that I should share with you all.

  1. Hotel banquets are usually not that good, as the quality of their food are quite tasteless.
  2. Have a budget about how much you plan to spend for your banquet. This will usually determine which resturant & food that you will be getting. Discuss with your parents & in-laws about the menu you want, the resturant that you want. They might have other ideas as some parents are involved in businesses. Some of them just need to hold the banquet as they are requested to by their grandparents who like to go by traditional means.
  3. Make a guest list of those people that you wish to invite. For your relatives, make a count of your immediate relatives, & leave about 2 or 3 tables for your parents/grandparents to invite those distant relatives. I am assuming per table sit 10 people.
  4. Try to do a guest list with about 30 to 50 people as reserve list. This is to prevent the event of no shows at the dinner. Usually colleagues are the ones that are most likely not to attend banquets, unlike relatives and friends who will inform if they are not able to attend. In this way, u can push up those on the reserve list to the main list to fill up the seat. A wedding dinner is not cheap nowadays. It can range from S$500 to S$1,200 per table , depending on location & menu.
  5. Some guests can't stand the sight of another guests. This is especially common among relatives. Try your best not to put warring parties together.
  6. Assuming all your invited guests were to turn up, including the reserve list people, the resturant will gladly open up the extra tables that you need, because it means more money for the resturant.
  7. Another good way is to send sms to confirm your friend's address &  their attendance so that you can know you should send the invitation card to them. You save your printing cost too.
  8. For wines & beers, you may wish to check with the resturant if they provide free flow beer or wine or is it 1 complimentary bottle of wine per table. You may wish to order by consignment if the cost charged by the resturant is too expensive. Consignment means that you get a certain number of bottles of wines from the supplier and return those bottles that you can't finish to the supplier. The supplier will only charge you for the bottles that your guests consumed.

After seeing this list of things to look out for, I am glad that I told my mum that I have no wishes to get hitched as I know that I can't escape the fate of having a wedding banquet as I am the eldest grandson. My grandma would defintely want me to host a banquet. I will also hear a lot of nasty remarks from relatives too if I hold that. I told my mum that I have no money. If those relatives want me to hold it, please ask them to sponsor me with the cold hard cash, then I will do what they want. Otherwise, they have to follow my arrangement. A ROM ceremony with a buffet lunch so my guests can mingle around. Maybe for those who really want the banquet, I just put 8 tables of relatives, just to please them.

Hope these tips are helpful to you, the readers out there, who might be getting married.

Comments

Kazzzzzzz said…
Hee. You speak as though you're getting married soon. Who's the lucky one? (^_^)
Paul said…
If I am getting hitched, u will be among the first on my guest list. Kaka mei.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings