What To Look For In A Good Taxi Driver?


I was on my way to work today when I heard the 933 DJs, Ivy & Peifen discussing about the recent uproar about taxi drivers overcharging passengers, touting for passengers, selecting passengers to pick.
Wanted to call in to share my expriences for both good & bad taxi drivers. Both happened quite recently.
The Good:
Took a Silvercab Premier Taxi(SHC 8367) to Japanese Garden last Sat. My mum & I were not sure the exact location of the event that we were attending. Lucky there were road marshals to guide us as the cabby drove in the venue. It ended up that the event was held at a deep corner of the Japanese Garden. My mum & I were thankful that he actually drove us up as the distance was really long. Some cabbies will just let us alight outside the gate of the Garden.
The Bad:
Was carrying a bulky item several weeks ago. Queued for some time at Suntec Tower 3 taxi stand before a Comfort cab came by. I loaded my item to the boot of the cab before boarding the cab. The cabby was complaining that he had received a booking. If he had not see my handicap, he would have asked me to get off the cab. He kept saying that he could have accepted the booking and earned the extra $4 as it was peak hour.
I was thinking you can ask me to alight if you don't want to pick me. I can take the next one as there are 22,000 cabs in Singapore. He just went on and only asked me how I wish to continue my journey when he reached somewhere near my office. I told him that since you are already here, you should go by CTE. His reaction was "errrrrrrr CTE ar". I furthered alerted him that I only had a $50 note with me and asked if he had change later for my fare. He said, " The ride is already half way, now then you tell me you have a $50 note. Can I say no?" I told him "At least I told you, unlike some people, who don't say till they reach their destination"
I just wonder why some cabbies are so good, but some are so bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings