First Time Attending Buddhist Wedding

I was invited to my ex-colleague, SC's wedding at Fo Guang Shan Temple at Punggol Place today. This was my first time attending a Buddhist wedding.

This song was played at the end of the whole ceremony. The ceremony, to me is a simple one. The interesting part is the couple had to do a love declaration(爱的宣言) to each other. I could tell that Mr Leong (SC's hubby) was very nervous as he was saying that. Can you imagine saying why you love the person that you are marrying so much when there are so many people looking at you? (I wonder if Ter wants to try it for his wedding with Elaine mei later this year!).

SP_A0082

SC & Mr Leong doing the love declaration

SP_A0083

The parents of the bride & groom

*The above pics were taken using my hp.

 

My ex colleagues from the audit dept and my bosses were there to witness the ceremony too. I greeted them but didn't sit with them during the lunch as I didn't want to be bombarded by questions about my old job. I stayed longer than them and had a chance to interact with SC, Mr Leong & their family.

I must say Mr Leong is a nice and friendly guy and I believe that he would treat SC well.

May I take the opportunity to wish the couple once again:-

祝你们新婚快乐!

百年好合!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings