Helping Someone In Need

I was reading The New Paper yesterday, where I saw an article about a NTU student from China who contracted cancer of the blood. His family is a poor family, as a result, the school decided to organise a donation drive to help him out with the hospital expenses.

Unfortunately, there are some students, who think that he should not get donations from us, as "Ah Tiong" as they called people from China steal away our jobs, get into teachers' good books.

If I am approached to donate some money to him, I would do so, as it is not right to be racist as Singapore is a multi racial & muti cultural society. I am being physically challenged myself. I know the feeling when one does not have the money or ability to save themselves.

I just wonder where did the heart of these people go to?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings