Sharing of Life Story

PB170001

My mum's religious grouping friend spoke to me last Friday about sharing my life story with the other members in their Creative Life Magazine.

This is something that I do not feel comfortable about, despite the fact that I have shared the story on the Chinese morning daily about 16 years ago and I had just shared my life story here some time ago after some of my readers actually asked me the question about why I was diagonsed with this condition.

My reason for not sharing were:-

I am not that fervent about the religion as I feel that there are many other causes and things that I should devote my time to, such as the IRAS e-filing sessions, my work, ACCA, my friends & my family. These are things that is on the priorties of my mind now. Religion just play a small part to me. This also explains why I feel that the activities they have organised so far have failed to stir my interest in participating in them. Maybe the enviornment that I was brought up and being physically challenged makes me want to give back to the community more.

I do not wish for people to think that I was trying to gain sympathy after the article was published.

I have conveyed my decision to my mum about this. She is agreeable to it and accepts my explaination for my decision.

Just hope that Aunt JH (she is an elder, but not married) can understand my reason for this. It is sometimes difficult to make an elder understand a point, especially when she is your parent's friend, because you don't want to jepoardise the friendship of your parent and their friend. Mum was telling me to tell her that I am not that fervent striaght at her face and I was not interested to participate in their activities.

Should I do that?

Comments

Dalicia said…
i think your mum's intention for this magazine. is that she believes that god help her through this. so, you really got to give her credit for that.
imagine, what you would have done.

you can tell your mum that you appreciate what she has done. maybe she thinks that she owes god something by making you go to church activities. there are things, you can do in the community. not necessarily church. that's the best way to pay back to god. i'm sure, your mum is worry. if you don't participate in this type of activities. it will be some kind of punishment.

as for me, i believe in god and miracles.
i think you should explain to your mum.
that you want to return something back to god. there are many ways of doing so
Paul said…
Thanks Dalicia for your advice.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings