My Job Is Confirmed!

392553922

Today was not my pay day officially as I am still under probation, but my colleague and I were called into the meeting room to receive our pay cheques. My boss told me to be discreet about the early payment and at the same time, she has given me the verbal confirmation that my job is confirmed. I am actually looking forward to the letter of official appointment though, as I am hoping for some increment in my pay. Been working for so long, this is the first time I got confirmed within 2 months. This comes after a meeting 3 days ago when my partner said that she is happy with my performance.

Was disappointed that a long time friend of mine poured cold water, saying that I shouldn't be looking forward to an increment as bosses nowadays seldom give increment after confirmation. I think I made the right decision not to tell this friend first when the news broke.

Anyway, I would like to thank these friends who have given me words of support and encouragement when I broke the news to them.

  1. Elaine (godsis)
  2. Tammy
  3. Peggy
  4. Elaine
  5. Rebec
  6. Darling
  7. YC
  8. Debra
  9. Huiyu
  10. Lorraine
  11. Wendy
  12. Linda
  13. Karen
  14. Germaine

My senior, Iris was saying that the confirmation says a lot about my work attitude during these 2 months.

As a friend / fellow blogger, how do you think I have done in the past two months at work?

Comments

Richie said…
If its your own perception that the long time friend is pouring cold water, then I suggest you rethink. I guess he must be more disappointed, if he is reading this comment on himself. I am sure he wont like to be a subject of your criticism time and time again, considering the long friendship between both of you. Maybe you can consider putting yourself in others' position before you make a conclusion at times. It's not always your thought that counts.

Anyone can give his/her opinions based on his own experience. Did he say there is no possiblity of any increment? Eventually, the decision you made was not right, since you have told him yourself.
Shionge said…
Congraluation Paul...keep up the good work. I know an increment is important but for a start it shows that your boss appreciate your hard work and confirm you earlier....strive on Paul!!
Dalicia said…
congrats! well, i don't think your friend intends to hurt you.
for us working here, we don't get increment til you work for a year. hopefully, your review will be good. then again it's not guaranteed. so, what to do???

i think you should wait and see what happens. most important that you're appreciated.
Paul said…
Thanks for the encouraging words. I am just surprised that I was confirmed so early, as I was only confirmed much later at my old firm.

I agree with what Shionge and Dalicia has said abt the pay increment part. Its up to the boss' decision. I am basically quite happy with what I am getting now, considering that I had a hefty jump on my pay when I left for this job.

I am quite happy that my views and work ideas were considered and implemented and my bosses are happy with it.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings