Excuse Me, Are You A Teacher?

607623692

I am tempted to ask one of my former lecturers for ACCA this question after she told my friend not to attempt for the coming June exam after my friend had asked her if it was alright for her to just run through her notes, instead of practising the exam kit. Because of this, my friend became very sad and stressed. I spent about an hour with her on the phone to convince her to go for the exam, no matter what.

As a lecturer, I feel that she should not have looked down on my friend. A lecturer should teach in a easy to understand way, to encourage students and to instill confidence in the students.

Having taken this lecturer's lessons before, I must say she is not a good lecturer as her practice questions are not of exam standard, unlike Mr Sami, my Corporate Reporting lecturer whose questions are more exam focused. This lousy lecturer seems to have problems explaining concepts to students as well.

I just wonder if she would ask her child not to go for exam next time if her child is not well prepared?

Comments

Shionge said…
Hey Paul, I am sorry your friend was demoralised by this lecturer. Is it possible to write in to the institution and feedback about the lecturer's attitude & professionalism.

By doing this hope that others would not suffer the same fate too.

Wish you luck Paul.
Paul said…
Shionge, I am not too sure about that. It seems like the school is only interested in making money and is not very feedback receptive sometimes.

Anyway, I am helping my friend in one of the subject that she is taking. I just hope she will walk out of this demoralising thing soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings