The Joy of Giving & Sharing

images

My boss' son with his family was back from their short trip and brought back some tidbits for all of us. As our staff strength is quite big (there are about 30 of us in total), he put all the tidbits into a box & pasted a note, stating "Please take some & pass down." Instead of doing it himself, he got my corporate secretarial colleague to do the task for him.

At first I thought it was nice of him to share the tidbits with us, but later when I heard him say that "The people in front take a lot, the people behind don't have much to take already. I wonder if some of them took it for their family members." My fellow workmate and I were pretty disturbed by this. As my workmate puts it, "The note just state, please take some and pass down, it did not state any number." My thought was "If you want to share your joy with the people, don't be so petty, otherwise don't even buy for us." As my boss puts it, if my son wants to give, he should distribute it himself.

I wonder how come the mum & child are of such different characters?

Comments

Shionge said…
It simply shows the character of the giver ;(
Dalicia said…
i don't think he should distribute himself. just leave on a desk and ppl can come around and eat it. whether the person is taking a lot or not. that's another issue.....
Paul said…
Shionge, u have the same viewpoint as me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings